Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Who gives a Quarter Inch?

Is it just me that has a problem with the dreaded 1/4", its seems that whatever I do I ALWAYS end up wandering somewhere along the seam....  The ladies at;The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw had a good article a few weeks ago, they spoke about the Quilt Police, you know the ones who like to pull apart other peoples work!  Some times it bothers me and I unpick stitch unpick stitch  ......... and so on. Sometimes I don't worry too much, that's why I am enjoying THIS design  called Sprig's and Twig's from the new Fon's and Porter Magazine.
I picked the magazine up a few weeks ago, it's the March/April 2013 issue.
I like how the centre of the quilt is very scrappy, I have been able to use some fabrics from my stash,

To cut the 1½" strips I used my Sizzix Big Shot Fabric cutter, this machine is great for quilters, so accurate, with my wonky seams I don't have to worry too much about my 1/4" seam, at least it will be straight!
Of course I had a helper, who just wanted to snooze really!
Its surprising how long it takes to put these strips onto each side, I did have to go and watch Hawaii 5 O though, so this was me done for the night!

8 comments:

  1. Haha,you know me Sue,never could sew in a straight line.As you know it used to bother me no end,not anymore ,I just think what the heck.If it too long one side I trim it up a bit,life's far too short.
    Your quilt is going to be gorgeous,I love all those bright colours.
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this quilt! So pretty to surround a 9-patch with bright fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt, your scrappy blocks are looking lovely. Sadly, my machine piecing is not always accurate, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet puppy. Don't you just love how they want to be with us at all times! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's YOUR quilt Sue sew stitch it any way you wish..
    Just love your blocks for the centre....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great progress. This quilt is on my list too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt