Monday, April 16, 2012

A New Table Runner

Around Christmas time I ordered a Scallop template from  Quilt in a Day , I made my own pattern up so I could try out the new gadget, as you can see it wasnt a complicated pattern, I think next time I will have a wider border though.

I made some continuous bias binding (actually I made yards and yards and yards of it) it stitched on easily, with a few tugs here and there...  and made binding the curves a piece of cake.  When it was finished everything laid nice and flat and just needed a quick press. I really like the scallop edge instead of a straight edge.

8 comments:

  1. It's great Sue. Nice to get a review of the scallop template & whether it is straight forward to use. I like your description of tugging the binding, glad others use that method! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your table runner with the scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey..I love your table runner. You are a brave girl to try scalllops edges..I haven't even tried them yet :):) Beautiful!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really lovely Sue.Ive had my curve about 4 years,and not had the courage to use it.youre a lot braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table runner is beautiful and looks perfect on your table. I love the scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HHmmm I might have to investigate getting one of those templates as your runner looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep going back to this,it's really lovely,what a very clever friend I have.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt