Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cross Stitch Chickadees UPDATED

My lovely Mum took on the challenge of this cross stitch for me (I knew if I put it out there she would) I know my Mum XXX  Here she is a few weeks ago stitching merrily away... I remember many years ago I started to cross stitch and Mum wanted to have a go, I bought her a kit of a budgie and If I remember correctly it was thrown down, cussed at, and at one point given back to me with the words I don't know how you can do that sort of stitching... .
  Mum is always up for a challenge though and she persevered and has made some lovely pictures over the years, including a sampler that I bought when I lived in England about 15 years ago, It's on my to do list to get framed so I can hang it proudly on my wall with her other works of art

Whilst browsing our local online garage sale last Thursday I came across a lady selling some cross stitch and quilting kits, most of them were sold - typical! but I did manage to get THIS - an unopened kit for $5 and look at the BIRDS.
 I think I'll change the bow from Red to Dusky Pinks so its not so Christmassy!


I raced round after supper so that no one else could get there before me.
Now I wonder if my Mum is busy?

5 comments:

  1. what a great fine! The pink will look lovely!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find - well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I wish I found things like that when I go to garage sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum looks well,and hasn't changed a bit.I still have the cross stitch she(helped)me with,I remember she finished it for me when I got fed up with it.I will have to put a photo on.
    Give her my love.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt