Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Summer is slipping away......

I love this time of the year, summer is slipping away, cool mornings when the flowers are able to breathe again.   This weekend I have made some Cranberry Jelly, the first batch turned out fine but the second had to be re boiled as I was too impatient and didn't let the juice drip overnight.

Beetroot from my veggie patch was pickled, Onions were pulled up ready to be plaited and kept for a few months, the smaller onions I will be asking my hubby to prepare ready for pickling, nothing like a pickled onion from the garden with cheeses at Christmas, these pickles were pickled by my dad!
These are a few flowers from a cutting our friend Sandra gave to us the fall before she passed away, a lovely splash of colour in the garden, I'm hoping they spread as I don't know the name of them!

By the way... We have SNOW forecast for this afternoon!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love pickled onions.
    Hope you are all well,snow already ,post a picture.
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious - even the snow! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meenwhile in the southern hemisphere we are saying goodbye to winter! Stay warm Sue and enjoy those beets and onions...Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt