Friday, November 30, 2012

Holiday Lane Pillow Blog Hop - I WON A PRIZE!

Yes Yes Yes I won on my  FIRST blog hop!
So excited to be receiving a package from Jill at jillily studio via Mdm Samm at sewwequilt.  Will post a picture as soon as I receive it! Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments, it makes creating so worthwhile, I will reply to you all eventually!

Here is my contribution to the Holiday Lane blog hop organised and hosted by Madame Samm at sewwequilt.com and  Pauline at quiltnqueen.blogspot.ca
The pattern for Holiday Lane was designed by Jill at http://www.jillilystudio.com/ Thank you for letting us all use the pattern Jill.
My pillow has morphed into a picture, I have been looking for a street scene to make for my Christmas mantle for some time but couldn't seem to find one that I liked, this pattern from Jill fitted the spot perfectly.
The smoke from the chimneys was made using wool roving and a needle felting tool.
The stitching is finished, hubby will be framing it soon (I hope) Once I got started I could of kept adding and adding to the village but I have Christmas presents to make so this it it... I hope you like it!

Mdm Samm, Jillily, QuiltNQueen and myself all live on Holiday Lane!
I am not too pleased with the pictures, the daylight had gone by the time I was ready to take them!
ALL of the projects have turned out great, I had fun visiting everyones blog and seeing all the different combinations of fabrics and peoples ideas


Merry Christmas 

xxxxxxxxx











62 comments:

  1. Your mantle quilt is stunning! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of cute additions. Will be great on the mantle for years to come ! So glad you joined the hop and shared your creativity with all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a lovely pillow - I love the mouse carrying the tree and also the town clock (just saw another one of those too) which I think is a lovely touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this pattern was so lovely to watch in themaking. Everyone's was a delight and what made it their own was watching all the different embellishments....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely beautiful, I love the little mouse carrying the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew cute. I love the chicken wire house the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It is so personalized. Your embellishments are spot on. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really like all the extra doors and windows you added - wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Holiday Lane is one of my most favorites!! Congrats on Top 3 honours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just wonderful, love that mouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous!! I can't believe the work and detail you put into this,..lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! What wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at that mouse! And the clock! I'm like a kid...look here, look there. :) Perfect embellishments and wonderful pillow. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it.You did great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the perfect piece for over your mantle!
    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is soooo cute, I just love the little mouse that you added. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!!! Love your quit!! Very pretty!!! I am in love with that little mouse too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors in your mantle picture are just beautiful! I love the little mouse and all the little details you added to it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You captured the essence of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the idea for the mantle picture, very nice..I really like all the little details that you added also.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love the idea of a picture. Yours turned out so nice. Great kpb! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your pillow is very much Christmas. I love it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh it's so great! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Priceless and this deserves to be in the top three, not just for today but for the enitre blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply amazing what a great way to end the Hop.I love the little mouse.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great little lane! I think it's so cute to add names to who lives in these little houses! Love the mouse!
    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you Holiday Lane is wonderful...wish I could visit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is just darling and I love the detail. Very cute!!! I need to make one for my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your little village and the smoke from the chimneys is awesome!!! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your little village and the smoke from the chimneys is awesome!!! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to live there too. Oh, that little mouse is so sweet. Love those embellishmehts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. how adorable that you got everyone's names on there! precious and even have snow screensaver or whatever that's called

    ReplyDelete
  34. I so enjoyed seeing all the details you added and the picture is just perfect. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your Holiday Lane is just beautiful and so perfect for above the mantle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the idea for your mantle! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The details on your street scene make it come alive! I love it. This blog hop has been so much fun. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  38. And the blog hop ends with a bang! Incredible pillow picture! Now you have given me an idea for a second one...

    ReplyDelete
  39. love your take on the pillow pattern. I like the clock Idea, I may have to copy it. My daughter said my tall house looked like a bird house :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. very nice entry! Thanks for being part of the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Absolutely precious and well deserving of the Top 3 position. Now I want to go back and make one like yours to mimic my little town. Very very nice job!
    Blessings
    Gmama jane

    ReplyDelete
  42. Rosemary B here:
    Superb, just lovely, I adore the colors and such great fabric choices. YOu added a lot of marvelous things too. I adore the little mouse, the signs and the clock!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely gorgeous detail! LOVE it! I want it, he he! Thanks for sharing and the awesome inspiration Ü

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow! this is one of my favourites in the whole hop! I love how you added the names and year. The fabrics are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I really love your picture! Your embellishments are fabulous...mouse with tree, smoke from chimney, names and dates on the houses - just perfect!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great idea and yes very country.. lots of pretty details and clever ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love, love, love it! Your village is adorable with all your embellishments! Love the window and door placements, fabric choices, the clock....everything! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. be still my heart..this is gorgeous..all those details and I see I am a neighbor of yours lol really a jewel of a pillow...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your street scene, with all the extra details. The decision to come up with a picture is great. The little mouse with the christmas tree is great.
    lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love how you turned your Holiday Lane into a 'picture' for your mantle...beautiful job!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great idea to use this pattern as a picture! Your fabrics are glorious...and such a cute mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Like it? I love it! The details you added are spectacular. Great way to add the smoke. Also, having the lane with those special people living there, too, was a fantastic idea. Loved the little mouse hauling his tree home; I wonder which house he's going to!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  53. what fun. love how you personalized it with your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your hanging. I noticed the smoke right off the bat. It looks so real. You added a lot of nice touches, thanks for sharing your talent. Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your wallhanging/picture is amazing! How clever! Just love the mouse carrying the tree, hehe. This looks beautiful on your mantle. Thanks for sharing your project with us amd being a part of the hop. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your mantle topper! Such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a grea idea to make a picture out of it! I love the little mouse! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love them all but I have to say yours is the best so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Good morning Sue, I luv everything about your Holiday Lane picture. Super job!! The fabrics and the embellishments are sEw awesome. The little mouse is darling and the clock, the glistening snow are perfect. Luv my neighbors, you and Mdm Samm....oh what fun we could have....not to mention the trouble we could get into. Thank you for sharing your time and inspiration with us. Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  60. Your holiday lane picture is fantastic. I love all your embellishments, the little mouse is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt