Saturday, September 8, 2012

Melancholy

Melancholy - yes I am feeling melancholy, down in the dumps, glum and wistful!
 I have so many things on the go, would love to start something new, my Daughter, SIL and the kiddies have gone home, I am extremely busy at work, trying to dry some apples to make some healthy snacks and it's not working, they won't dry!!!!!
 What can I make? are there any challenges out there? would anyone like to challenge me to make
something with them?
This family picture was taken last Friday evening August 31st 2012
You would think I would be glad of the peace now things are back to normal but I AM NOT, I miss them all so much!
Ah well tomorrows another day, BBQ with mum and dad tomorrow night, so thankful that my dad is on the mend, we are camping with them again soon in Kananaskis for a weekend, Kananaskis is a beautiful area in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, about an hour from where we live, we haven't been out there for a while so we are looking forward to a few days there.  The weather here is lovely at the moment but it can quickly turn to snow in the mountains!
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I don't like it when the family leave... But you do hae some gorgeous photos and lots of wonderful memories too.

    You join in this swap http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/

    or this monthly block swap
    http://quiltingblockswapsaustralia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you lots too mum. I wish we could of made a few things together but the time went so fast! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well no wonder you miss them already - such a beautiful family!
    We are getting together w/ ours today - can't wait!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you, it must be hard having family far away. The family photos are lovely though and I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue I know just how you feel.but cheer up and plan your next trip over here....
    You should join Betsys closet in stitches,it's a sweet little wall hanging,I am loving it.
    Have a good time with Sheila and Stan ,give them my love.
    Glad your dad is getting there.
    Miss you.
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to the farmes wife quilt alomg mt all of us are up to date I have just had my grandchildren visit for three weeks so block sewing was not done cut out lots on Saturday now to sew them but have to go out today my day off and after falling in the mud on the way to my sewing room yesterday Under our house little sore today do now what it is like not to see grandchildren and wont now till some time next year may be elizabethstreeter21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Farmers Wife QAL, Sue. Hopefully that will be a nice distraction for you - how lovely it would have been to have our family staying; you will have beautiful and treasured memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card

Animal Kingdom Birthday Card
This is card I made for my Grandsons 5th Birthday, Apparently he liked the googly eyes the best!

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt

Braydon & Alphabet Quilt
Here is my eldest grandson with a quilt I made for him

Alphabet Quilt