Oh dear, I'm an empty nester again, just as you get used to having the kids around again, off they go on their own! The Robins were lovely to watch and kept us entertained most days from the bedroom window. All gone now, til next time!
A few weeks ago I noticed on my wreath on my shed door a piece of plastic blowing in the wind, On Saturday afternoon I went to remove it and found a birds nest. At first I thought a nest had been built and the bird had flown off to build elsewhere,On Sunday morning this is what I saw...
A few weeks ago I noticed on my wreath on my shed door a piece of plastic blowing in the wind, On Saturday afternoon I went to remove it and found a birds nest. At first I thought a nest had been built and the bird had flown off to build elsewhere,On Sunday morning this is what I saw...
then on Sunday afternoon I saw this...
On Monday I found These...
Today I found another egg...
I have been reading about my robin and have discovered that they lay one egg a day , usually no more than 4 eggs. I was surprised to find that they only start to incubate the eggs after the last egg has been laid. This is so the babies all hatch together at the same time in the nest. I will try and take pictures as they progress (hopefully) BUT its on our shed door right by my greenhouse and veggie garden, I'm hoping before she starts to sit on the eggs we can get everything we need out of the shed for the next few weeks so she can raise her family.
May 16th 4 Eggs, aren't they a lovely colour!




















What a story about new beginnings! How sweet....and your pictures are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHow special is that... The photo s are lovely especially the one of the door and the Robin siting on the nest.
ReplyDeleteHope you got all your tools out in time..
Isn't nature wonderful.great pics Sue.xx
ReplyDeleteThey are so beautiful! What a gorgeous place to build a nest/home. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely post Sue, the robin is gorgeous and she's chosen a lovely spot for her nest. The eggs are a beautiful blue.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely, lovely colors. What a joy to watch them hatch and then to watch them fledge. . . I'll be following along to see the pix!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for stopping by!
How nice that she nested in a place that's easy for you to watch! Enjoy the little ones once they hatch! :0)
ReplyDeleteJust looked at your catch up.the baby robins are gorgeous.Well done you for catching them on camera without disturbing them.
ReplyDeleteLove Laura.xxx
Hey Lou
DeleteI feel quite lost now they gave gone LOL, lovely to watch them grow in such a short time, they all left one evening and early morning.
Hello Sue,
ReplyDeleteI'm a newish follower of your blog. Beautiful post what a wonderful experience with the robins. I expect they'll be back next year too don't you think? I would be looking forward to that. You are so lucky to have been able to photograph it all.
Amanda :-)